April 16, 2018 - Impact Through Involvement
Collective giving is a powerful way to practice philanthropy. One of the benefits of gathering a group of philanthropic women together is that we also get to celebrate their community service accomplishments with them!
Joyce Lauck has been executive director of AGE of Central Texas since 2000. AGE of Central Texas is a local not for profit tackling the challenges of aging with expert solutions.
AGE is dedicated to older adults and those who care for them. Current programs include two licensed Adult Day Health Centers, an innovative early memory loss program, health equipment lending, and the Caregiver Resource Center providing information and resources as well as caregiver education, including Caregiver U.
Joyce provides and has provided, leadership in the field of aging serving as:
· Treasurer of One Voice Central Texas
· Director of the Aging Advisory Council of the Area Agency on Aging
· Founding member of the Aging Services Council of Central Texas
· Member of the Regional Transportation Coordinating Committee
· Secretary of ADCAT, the Adult Day Care Association of Texas
Joyce earned an MBA from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas, and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the State University of New York at Brockport. She is a member of the Essential Leadership Austin class of 2006.
Recently, Joyce was selected as an I Am Austin Woman finalist in the 2018 Austin Woman Magazine Woman’s Way Awards. The gala and announcement of the awards winners will be on May 17th at the J.W. Marriott.
When asked about the award, Joyce said,
We congratulate Joyce on this great honor and know that many Impact Austin members will be in attendance to cheer on one of our own.
We encourage our Impact Austin members to inform us when you, or other members you know, are recognized for your service to the community.
Impact Austin would be proud to recognize these members and congratulate them! Our congratulations may be in a blog post and/or on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
· Eligible awards are for public or volunteer service in keeping with our philanthropic mission. No professional or business awards, please.
· The recipient must be a current Impact Austin Member.
· The award must have occurred within the last 60-90 days or be imminent.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to alert us to a civic or community award for a current member, and that will start the process. If you are recommending someone else, please include her contact email in your referral.