Top Ten Ways to Volunteer
Join a Grant Review Committee
All members are invited to join one of our Grant Review Committees (GRCs) which review and evaluate grant applications submitted to Impact Austin. Every year we create one committee for each of the three program grant categories (Community, Education, Health and Well-Being) and Catalyst. The number of grants are announced in the fall prior to our annual Impact Austin Non-Profit Workshop. Members who have previously served on a GRC may serve on our catalyst grant review committee. Serving on a GRC is one of the most impactful ways to participate in Impact Austin, learn about the needs in our community, and experience our grant review process. Our grant review committees meet four or five times between January and May, perform in-depth reviews of grant applications, conduct site visits and select two finalists per focus area to be voted on by the entire membership in June.
FEATURED: If you are interested in participating on a GRC, please contact the Grants Committee for more information!
Help us recruit new members
Our best recruitment tool is our own members.
- Host a membership event and invite your friends
- Be a speaker at a membership event
- Attend a community membership event and bring a friend
- Tell your friends about Impact Austin
- “Share” or “like” Impact Austin posts on Facebook
- Assist with membership calls or mailings
- Recruit local businesses to host Impact Austin membership event
Help with an Impact Austin event
Impact Austin hosts a number of events each year, including our Annual Meeting, Discovery Day, Community Coffees, and Member Orientations. It takes a diverse group of volunteers to make these events happen for us.
- Chair an event committee
- Serve on an event committee
- Host an event at your home or office
- Help with the food and drinks for an event
- Speak at an event
- Assist with event registration
- Help with reminder calls or mailings
FEATURED: Discovery Day 2018!
Discovery Day is one of Impact Austin's signature events! We will learn from community leaders and subject matter experts to enhance our knowledge of the critical issues impacting Central Texas.
If you are interested in volunteering for Discovery Day, please contact Suhailah Waheed for more information!
Help us communicate with our members and our community
Communication is key to any organization’s success. We need members who are creative, strategic thinkers, writers or just plain doers.
- Help create new and exciting marketing materials
- Blog or help with Impact Austin’s social media
- Help develop content for our publications
Assist us with all things technology
The backbone of every organization these days is technology and the applications that help to run the day-to-day business. Impact Austin needs help at all skill and experience levels to keep the systems running.
- Help with data entry
- Assist with the management of our database systems
- Help with website design and graphic design
- Assist with strategic technology evaluations and decisions
Be a leader
No strong organization can function without strong leadership. Leaders in Impact Austin come from all over the community and each brings her own unique influence and impact to our organization.
- Lead a committee or project to support Grants, Membership, Marketing/Communications, Events, Development, Philanthropy Education
- Be an advisor for our Girls Giving Grants program
- Act as a liaison with our Community Partners
Help us educate our members
- Support our philanthropy education events and activities
- Assist with member orientation and 1st year member events
- Serve as a trainer for our grants organization
- Help coordinate Impact Austin volunteer opportunities
Make phone calls or send reminders
- Sounds easy and is easy – but so necessary to our organization.
Help us raise funds for operations and events
- Help secure sponsorships for meetings or events
- Assist with communications to donors
- Help research and write grants to secure corporate or foundation funding
- Write thank you notes
Share with us your skills and passions and we’ll find a place for you to help out